Monday, July 11, 2011

I Hate Spiders. I Love Money.

I found a new job! I was so excited and ready! I took the long drive at around three in the morning to go to another farm. I didn't mind anymore that mornings are agaisnt me, I just didn't want to make a bad impression. I go to the farm and they told me to pick some berries. Like really? What is it with farmers and their berries?? Squatting to get a better work perspective, I look through the bush and saw:

A spider.

Then I saw his friend.

If you didn't know, I have a HUGE fear of spiders. Even the baby ones are evil. This spider was mean and moved so fast! I squealed and jumped from the bush. I thunk outloud:

You want money. You want money. Do this for money. If you want money you have to work hard. If you don't work hard you don't get money.

Taking a breath I went to the bush again. Picking some strawberries, crushing spiders with my bare hands, and catching webs all over my hair and body, I chanted outloud my thoughts:

Work is money. Work faster. Fast work is fast money.

It was possibly the worst shift of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment