Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Really Think I'm Cursed.

This morning, I went to a berry field hoping to make some extra money.

AT FOUR THIRTY IN THE MORNING.

I got dressed and went took the hour drive right away. I arrived at the field, but no one was there. For sure, this was right, I waited... Then six finally comes around and this farmer in his truck said the pickers are at the field across the block. Tired, I drove over there and took my tools to get ready. Walking to a strawberry row, the guys' farmer said "We don't need anymore pickers! Go back and wait! We'll be done in half an hour!" Mad at how he said that, I drop my tools go back to my car.

6:30 AM.

Yay~ I'm excited.

7:00 AM.

It's dark.

7:30 AM.

I'm scared.

The farmer finally comes back. I was so angry. I'm sort of angry thinking about it right now. He says, "The pickers are at another field right now. They'll be done in a couple of hours."

8:00 AM

I'm cold.

8:30 AM

I'm hungry.

9:00 AM

I'm bored.

9:30 AM

The farmer's brother comes back, and tells me, "I don't even know if we're doing this field today!"

What. The. Heck. You told me to be here! I am here! I hate him! He's an insensitive jerk!

10:00 AM

I hate you, jerk.

10:30 AM

Finally.

The tools are set up and I go get my picking basket.

"WAIT!"

I look back and I see the farmer.

"Are you new?"

"Yes," I replied, "You told me to be here."

"I don't remember," he says "I'm really sorry; I'm going to have to send you home...."

He keeps talking, but I go put my tools back and walk away. I couldn't believe it! I felt... rejected. You told me to be there. I was. I took the time to wake up at:

FOUR IN THE MORNING.

DO YOU KNOW I DIDN'T HAVE A GOOD SLEEP FOR THE PAST TWO **** DAYS?!

They gave me the run-around. I felt so stupid and naive. I could've driven home. I could've. You didn't need to ask me to be there if you were going to say no. You didn't. I hope your balls fall off. Or worse. You get a diesase from the berries you rub on your nasty nipples. That wouldn't have happened if you let me pick the berries!!!! **** YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment